Free consultations for acoustic neuroma treatments
Whatever your choice, seek the best AN expert you can find. Between an excellent AN expert and a good doctor who is not an AN expert, the difference in outcomes can be life-changing.
The options open to AN patients are basically:
- watch & wait (no treatment).
A number of specialist acoustic neuroma treatment centers are happy to review MRIs and medical histories and provide advice free of charge. This is a non-exhaustive list of such centers. If you know of others, kindly send an email to Philip and we will gladly add them to the list.
- Fractionated Stereotactic Radiosurgery (FSR) centers
- Cabrini Hospital New York (Dr Lederman) [email protected]
- Johns Hopkins, Baltimore (Dr Rigamonti)
- Stanford Cyberknife Center (Dr Steven Chang) http://www.stanfordhospital.com/clinicsmedServices/COE/cyberknife/ckHome.html
CyberKnife support forum where you can send your questions to CyberKnife doctors.
- Gamma Knife (GK) centers
- San Diego Gamma Knife Center, La Jolla (Dr Ott). Contact: Elizabeth Cuttler,
Patient Care Coordinator, Phone: 1800-347-0038 and (619) 985-2277.
http://www.sdgkc.com Site: http://www.sdgkc.com
- University of Pittsburg Medical Center (UPMC is a well known radiosurgery center for ANs. They have published several peer-reviewed studies on the subject.)
- Providence Rhode Island - Dr Georg Noren
- Microsurgery centers
- House Ear Clinic, Los Angeles http://www.houseearclinic.com/anpage15.htm
- Shands, Florida Dr William A. Friedman
Lists compiled by the ANA (Acoustic Neuroma Association)
- Medical centers
Acoustic neuroma experts in Spain